As soon as I found these little wood leaves and pumpkins, I knew what I wanted to do with them. There are lots of great phrases for fall signs and “Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Please” is a favorite of mine. What is your favorite phrase for fall? If you have never made a Dollar Tree pizza pan sign, you should give it a try. And don’t worry, it won’t end up looking like a pizza pan.
The little wooden pumpkin and leaf stickers are a seasonal item available at Hobby Lobby. Below you will find a list of the supplies you need for this autumn sign as well as instructions and pictures so you can make your own.
Supplies for Autumn Dollar Tree Pizza Pan Sign
- Dollar Tree pizza pan
- Dollar Tree Gold Beaded Garland
- Leaf and Pumpkin Wood Stickers from Hobby Lobby (seasonal item)
- Waverly Moss Chalk Paint
- Home Decor Java Chalk Paint
- Orange paint for pumpkins
- Fall colored paint for leaves
- Split wood beads
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Short piece of jute or seagrass rope
- Fix-all adhesive by Super Glue or another strong adhesive that does not dry right away
- Sand paper or sanding block
- Matte Mod Podge
- Brown Adhesive Vinyl and your favorite transfer tape
This is the decal I created for my Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Please sign. I made it using my Cricut with Design Space and cut it out of 631 Brown Vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. It is about 6 inches square. I used two different fonts; Double Whipped for the script and Typewriter for the print.
DIY a Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Please SIGN
- Begin by removing the label from the pizza pan. Make sure you clean off any residue left by the adhesive.
- Use the your sanding block to remove the sheen from the pan and then clean the pan once again.
- Put the fix-all adhesive on a small section of the rim of the pizza pan and begin applying the split wood beads. Then repeat until you have made it around the pizza pan. Because the fix-all does not dry right away, you can adjust the beads it necessary.
- Allow the adhesive to dry completely.
- Paint the rim and beads with the java chalk paint and the inner portion of the pan with the moss green chalk paint. You might need to paint two coats. If you want to seal the surface before applying he decal, you can also apply a coat of matte Mod Podge.
- While you are waiting for the paint to dry on the pizza pan, you can paint your little wood pumpkin and leaf stickers. I put both water and paint on my pallet and made sure my brush was very wet. I wanted to create a stain effect on the pumpkins and leaves so if was still possible to see the details and the wood grain.
- Next, turn the pan over and use hot glue to attach the rope to create a hanger for the sign. In the picture below, you can see where I applied the glue.
- Use transfer tape to apply your Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Please decal to the center of the pizza pan.
- Make a wreath about 9 inches in diameter out of the Gold Berry Garland by creating three circles of the garland. Use hot glue to glue the wreath to the pan.
- Remove the sticky foam from the back of the pumpkins and leaves.
- Decide where you want to place the pumpkins and leaves on the wreath and glue them on with hot glue.
Tada! Your sign is ready to hang and brighten your home!
For more Fall DIY Ideas click here.